Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Less Mess





Since we moved into our house over a year ago, our office has been a dumping ground for all the junk we don't have a place for.  It's horrible.  It's embarrassing.  Whenever people come over, I just shut the door so no one can see it.  But, I'm swallowing my pride....  This is what the office looked like this morning when I got up.


Terrible, right?  You would shut the door too.  Underneath the pile of boxes in the top picture is a box that held important paperwork I shoved in there so I wouldn't lose it when we moved.  Well, at least I still remembered where it was.  The over flowing box in the bottom picture, that's all stuff that needs to be shredded.  Now that's just ridiculous.

So after about three hours of work, it was much better.  Okay, I just dragged the shred box out into the hall, but I'm pretty sure my little shredder can't handle all that at once.  So that will be a project.  But the shredder has now moved to just inside the laundry room door, next to a recycling bin so that all junk mail can be immediately dealt with. 
So it's not perfect, yes there are still books in a milk crate (like we're in college) and there is Thirty-One stuff I still need to put away.  I have hooks just waiting to go up in the closet.  The box in the bottom picture is stuff that goes to my office at work.  So it will live there until the end of the summer.  All in all though, I am so much happier.  It's not a total embarrassment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment