Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Candy

Okay, I'm back and feeling a little more festive today.  Whew!  Thank goodness!  Maybe it's because I know school is almost over and it's nearly winter break.  One of the wonderful things about working in a school, winter break!  It's my second favorite, next to summer break.  Anyway.

Tonight I'm going to working in my little elf workshop.  I have a couple of sewing projects left to finish.  And then it's candy making time.  I love making Christmas candy!  I could really care less about eating it, but I love the making.

This year I'm making penuche.  It's my mom's favorite.  My granny used to make it and I still use her recipe.  It's like a brown sugar fudge.  I'm also going to make divinity assuming the weather cooperates.  You can't make divinity if it's raining or too humid out.  They're predicting snow tonight, so my fingers are crossed that the weather will work with me.  I don't know what it is, but divinity won't set up if it's too humid.  Candy magic I guess.

What am I sewing?  Sew glad you asked.  Ha ha ha.  I know, I'm so funny.  So, I'm making winter earbands for my mom and sister.  I also have a few more little kitchen towels to sew.  Sew, nothing major.  Oh man, the puns just keep coming.  I just have to get my bobbin threaded.  I know, it's ridiculous.  I always have problems when I have to do new thread.  Sew, (last one I promise!) wish me luck.

How bout you guys?  Any last minute elf workshop business going on at your house?

I'll be back tomorrow with candy recipes!  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment