Thursday, November 20, 2014

Why I've been MIA

So, it's been a hot minute since I've been around.  Well, it's kind of a big deal.  In April we found out we're expecting a baby.  We found out in the middle of my super busy work season -- during state testing, graduation and senior event prep, fall enrollment -- all that crazy stuff a school counselor does in the spring.  I was also offered (and accepted) a new job.  So, it was kind of a crazy spring.

I was consumed with that early pregnancy exhaustion where all I wanted to do was lay on the couch and watch TV.  So, basically nothing got done in our house throughout the spring.  Summer finally hit and we kicked it in high gear.  The room that used to be our office got cleaned out in preparation to become a nursery.  And the whole house got a top to bottom purge.  We're slowly getting ready.

But with the new job, and all the baby preparation, there hasn't been a lot of time for anything else.  And now that we're just over a month from our due date (Christmas Eve!!!) I thought it was about time to fire things back up.

Exciting things are hopefully coming on the blog.  I think I have some great ideas of a bit of a turn for the blog.  But I'm back.  And very soon, terrifyingly soon, we'll be a family of three.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment