Monday, February 27, 2012

in the office

I am terribly terribly behind.  I write things, email them to myself and then they never go anywhere.  And now I'm playing catch up.  I wrote this the Monday after the Super Bowl.  Sheesh

I am a grown up.  I don't really believe it, but other people seem to.  I am twenty-eight and I have my own office.  I want to say I am wonderfully organized and I have it all together.  Lately I have been reading all these blogs about organizing things.  And it makes me feel a little bad about not being more organized.  But then the counselor side of me thinks these people must have some serious OCD to be that organized.  I mean, I love me some organization but there is a point when you have to say enough is enough.  

Yes, I organized my office on Friday.  I have magazine files labeled for each grade for guidance lessons.  I have a shelf of binders and two shelves of books.  And then I have a shelf that is neat piles of stuff that I don't know what to do with.  I also have little baskets to put my clutter in -- one on my desk for post its and such, one behind my desk for my coffee cup, spoon, and instant caffeine & sugar free coffee, one with random CDs and hand sanitizer (because that goes together) and one with play-do, silly putty, and a couple stuffed animals.  To me, that is organization.  I still have a pile of files on my desk that I am always needing to get to.  I have an over flowing box of things to be shredded and another box of stuff to be filed.  And yet I'm okay with it.  No, I am not nearly as organized as my mom would be, but I'm still more organized than most people.

We had a Super Bowl party yesterday.  I love having people over and I love getting ready for people to come over.  That sounds kind of weird, but I love the excuse to really clean my house and make it look amazing.  It's hard for me sometimes to get the motivation just to clean it, but if I know people are coming over I kick into high cleaning gear.  And it's great.  Cleaning products make me break out though, like really bad and I have to quit cleaning and take allergy medicine.  So I've started cleaning everything with vinegar.  It's fantastic.  I would do a commercial for all the magical cleaning properties of vinegar.  I really clean everything with it -- I have a bottle of vinegar and water that I use in the kitchen for pretty much everything.  Then I have a bottle with straight vinegar that I clean the bathrooms with.  It makes them sparkle.  I even mop with vinegar.  My favorite though -- baking soda and vinegar on the stove.  I have a gas stove so I really hate to use chemicals on it anyway.  But stoves get so gross sometimes with grease or whatever other gross cooking stuff.  So I sprinkle baking soda all over the top, spray it with straight vinegar and wait for magic to happen.  Then you can just wipe off literally any gunk, no scrubbing required.  It's the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment