Monday, February 27, 2012

donuts

So on my way to work I drive past the most wonderful donut shop.  Okay, I don't actually drive right by it, but it's close.  If I exit the highway and drive a little ways, it's right there.  And it's wonderful.  I don't stop often, but when I do, holy cow it's amazing.  They have delicious donuts, bear claws, fried pies, donut holes and so much more.  The best thing they make though are sausage rolls.  It's a breakfast sausage (more like polish sausage style) and cheese inside of a plain donut.  I ate two.  They are most definitely terrible for you but I very rarely give in to temptation, but when I do it's totally worth it.  The only thing I can think of that might make the sausage roll is better would be a little donut glaze.  I would like that as an option.  It would be extra tasty.  Kind of like a McGriddle.  Except better.

In other food news, I am in a total cooking slump.  My dinners have been terrible.  I haven't made gross food or anything like that, I'm just out of ideas.  I am tired of everything I cook.  I could live a long time and not eat any more pasta, it's the go to when we're lazy, I am so sick of it.  We're having my in-laws over for dinner this weekend and I have no idea what to cook.  Heck, I don't even know what to cook for dinner tonight.  I'm considering a bowl of Special K Red Berry.  Wait, my husband expects real food for dinner.

We have a rampant flu bug at the school where I work.  That means I stay in my office, hiding from the germs and only drink bottled water (the water fountain might kill me).  I hate buying bottled water.  I feel like a terrible person every time I do it.  I usually just fill up a cup at the water fountain.  And I love drinking water.  It's pretty much all I drink.  But I feel so guilty drinking bottled water that I don't drink hardly anything at work and then I have to drink like a gallon when I get home.  It's ridiculous.  I almost stopped at the gas station on my way to work and got a Sierra Mist with a pump of cherry syrup.  Right now I wish I had.  I wonder how long I need to stay at work before I can reasonably run out for a drink.  My bottle of water from yesterday tastes like old water and I didn't bring another one.

That is one thing I absolutely love about my job -- the flexibility in what I do.  For the most part, I make my own schedule while I'm at work.  Sure I have to be here at a certain time in the mornings but once I'm here, it's all me.  Usually.  Sure there are things that have to be done.  But I can usually do them while I listen to music.  And with my shoes off under my desk.  And since I work with kids it gives me an excuse to decorate my office with fun colorful stuff.  And animal print fabric on my bulletin board.  Hooray.  It's pretty amazing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment