Tuesday, March 6, 2012

dieting

Okay, I am not skinny.  I have never been skinny.  I will not tell you what I weigh, but I promise it's not a pretty number.  When I was in high school, I wore a size 11 and I thought I was so fat.  Now I would desperately love to be a size 11 again.

Food is a constant struggle.  I love food.  I mean I really love it.  And my husband and I like to cook.  I really do try to cook healthily -- stir fry, grilling, lean meat, veggies...  But then there's ice cream.  And dinner out at Buffalo Wild Wings.  And family dinners with my in-laws.  It seems like as soon as I get really into the groove of making healthy choices something else comes along and distracts me from it.

I had been using this great calorie counter app and I had lost like 6 pounds and it was great.  Then it was the Super Bowl and the month of February was lost.  I ate exactly what I wanted.  Which was not good.

So today I am trying something new -- Juice.  Well, sort of juice.  I had a Special K protein shake for breakfast.  Tons of water.  Orange juice for lunch.  Three pink Starburst.  Tons more water.  I'm planning on more orange juice later.  And then maybe some real food for dinner.  So far so good.  I haven't really been hungry at all today.  It's going pretty good so far.  So I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment