Tuesday, October 11, 2011

feeling like fall

It's been another warm and beautiful fall.  I don't even remember the last time it rained.  I know it's been over a month.  But they are predicting rain tomorrow.  And the leaves are starting to turn.  And it's finally starting to cool off and feel like fall.  I like fall, I just wish it didn't lead to winter.  I love pulling out my cozy sweaters and boots.  I love that wearing leggings, knock-off Uggs and a big wrappy sweater is socially acceptable to wear out in public and even to work because it's basically like wearing your pajamas.  And I love scarves.  I do not love snow.  I repeat, I do not love snow.  In college we always decided to go shopping or do something ridiculous when the weather was terrible.  Somehow we survived.

Anyway, fall.  My husband and I just celebrated our first anniversary.  We went away for a long weekend and I came back obsessed with fall.  And doing fall craft projects.  We just bought our house last spring and haven't had any real decorating seasons yet.  But now that it's fall I'm ready to go crazy.  It's possible that I'm already planning how I'm going to decorate for Christmas.  Anyway, a few weeks ago we planted a couple of mums and bought a pumpkin for the front porch.  But now I'm pretty sure that isn't enough.  I am going to put more pumpkins on my porch and do a couple of wreaths.  I am so excited about it.  Get ready for some DIY pictures of my fall wreath.  It's going to be great!

So I went to purchase all of my wreath making supplies after work.  I live in a small town surrounded by other small towns about an hour from any major city.  So that means I am very limited on my shopping.  My only shopping options in our town are Dollar General and a grocery store.  So I stopped at Wal-Mart on my way home.  No styrofoam wreaths.  Grr.  Despite desperately searching the store there weren't any to be found.  So I assume, okay a bigger Wal-Mart or craft-ish store will have these.  Well, the woman at Hancock fabrics looked at me disdainfully when I asked about styrofoam wreaths.  They didn't have any either.  Nor did the second Wal-Mart I went to.  Looks like I will be begging my husband to buy me one tomorrow at a real craft store. 


I also didn't get any more pumpkins because I was too busy being sad that there weren't any wreaths.  I know these wreaths have to exist, I've seen other people make them.  I am going to persevere, I am in serious need of fall decorations.  And fast.  I'm having people over Saturday and my house needs to be festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment