Wednesday, February 6, 2013

One Step Closer

It's not done.  It's still not done.  Deep breaths.  I'm trying to be patient.  We are getting so close.  So close.  Yes, the stupid dresser.  I decided yesterday was the day.  I didn't post yesterday morning because I was just sure I could get the dresser into the living room by myself.  I was also sure I could move a 51" TV onto said dresser all by myself and hook everything up properly.  And then I realized it was ridiculous to carry a 6 drawer (without the drawers in it ) dresser around the house by myself.  Yes, I sad around the house.  In our house, it is truly easier to carry furniture from the basement outside and walk around the house with it than it is to try to carry it up the stairs.  So I waited for my husband to get home from work so he could help me carry the dresser through the yard.  At 8:30 at night.  Awesome.

So, the dresser is now sitting in the middle of the living room.  With the shelves inside of it and three of the four drawers in.  Why not the fourth drawer you ask?  Well, the drawer slide was funky and we have to rob one from one of the top drawers we didn't use.  So that's going to happen tonight.  What else is going to happen?  That thing is getting put in place.  I declare.  It's going to happen.  And I am so excited!

It was so late when we got the silly dresser into the living room last night that I didn't take a picture.  But, because I'm dedicated, I took one at six this morning before I left for work.  Yup, I am that thrilled to have it in the living room.
Isn't she pretty?  And it's going to be even better with that last drawer in.  Oh, and if you're paying attention, you can see the cord holes I put in the back of the shelves.  I got a little creative with that.  We really need one of those tiny little saws that you can cut little holes with.  Well, we don't have one.  And the back is really just thick cardboard.  So I grabbed the drill and a 1/2" drill bit.  I drilled three holes, two on the bottom and one on the top.  Then I used a utility knife to square off the hole.  Not the best but it will be covered up so it doesn't matter too much.

And if you want to play I-Spy with my picture you might see a Valentine craft that I'm going to post about soon.  Maybe Friday.  Depending on how this dresser project goes.

Anybody else taking a thousand years to finish a piece of furniture?  Or rearranging your living room?  If you're rearranging your furniture I'm totally jealous, there's really not many ways we can arrange our living room.  Or do you have any sweet Valentines projects that you're working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment