Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Chocolate Covered Popcorn

I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I get home from work and I want a snack.  We always eat a late dinner, like eight or after.  So that leaves a long time between lunch and dinner.  I try to usually grab something healthy like a piece of fruit.  But sometimes a sweet treat is just what I want.  Today was one of those days.  When that's the case, I usually whip up a mug brownie and grab a glass of milk.  Today I wanted something different so I scavenged in the cabinets (I desperately need to grocery shop) until I found something that sounded good.

I sat down with my bowl of sweet treat and realized, I needed a picture.  And a blog post.  So, now that I've washed the chocolate off my fingers, here we are.

I grabbed a bag of microwave popcorn and popped it.  Then I had a mixed bag (both white and chocolate) of almond bark in my cabinet leftover from some previous candy making venture.  I melted two squares, one white and one chocolate for about 70 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds.  Then I just drizzled the melted almond bark over my popcorn bowl.  Yum!  I could totally see myself doing this for a holiday party.  If I was going to serve it to actual people, I would spread a layer of popcorn on some wax paper, drizzle the chocolate, and let it set up.  My bowl was a little messy.  But, seriously so delicious!

Anybody else have to have "an after school snack"?  What have you guys been up to?  I'm still in a serious DIY slump.  I'm not sure I've recovered from landscaping.  Or going back to work....  

1 comment: