Saturday, August 17, 2013

This is 30

I'm not thirty yet.  But I will be in less than a week.  Sheesh.  But, I've decided that instead of dreading turning thirty, I'm going to make it my year.  I am going to show 30 who's boss.  It's going to be a great year.

Similar to New Year's resolutions but better, I'm going to make turning 30 resolutions.

This is going to be a year of self-improvement.  And I couldn't be more excited.  I'm going to put my exercise bike to good use.  It's going to quit just taking up space in my living room.  And I'm going to get back to my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.  I loved it when I was doing it, I just got out of the habit.  The habit is coming back though.

And I'm going to develop better eating habits.  Tomorrow I'm starting a cleanse.  I actually found it on Pinterest (of course), I repinned it from my sweet friend Geesha over at The Gray Door on 1871.  I did it back before we went on vacation.  I lost about twelve pounds and kept most of it off.  And I think it's a great way to kick off my better habits.  Interested, here it is.
Day One:  Fruits.  Lots and lots of fruit.
Day Two:  Veggies.  And a potato.
Day Three:  Fruit and veggies.  No potato.
Day Four:  Milk and bananas.  As many as 8 servings of each.
Day Five:  Poultry and tomatoes.  I also eat eggs for breakfast on this day.  The thought of turkey or chicken for breakfast grosses me out.
Day Six:  Poultry and veggies.
Day Seven:  Magic Soup.  Except the magic soup is so gross that I would rather not eat anything at all.  So I just eat more veggies because the soup is made up of veggies.

So I plan on doing this for sure for a week, maybe two.  We'll see how it goes.  The first day is really hard because I felt so hungry the whole time.  Staying busy is the key.  But it's really not bad.  And I think it's going to be a good start to healthier habits.

This year on the blog I may be switching it up some.  There will still of course be DIY, organization, and general craftiness.  But I'm going to be throwing in some health and fitness stuff.  And just some general life improvement.  I want to feel better about myself.  And I'm going to.  Thirty is the year.

Oh, and I'm joining the Diet Bet with Neon Fresh.  That kind of started this whole thing.  That and looking in the mirror and knowing that what I see in my head is definitely not what I see in the mirror.  So, the deal with Diet Bet is, you kick in $30 and if you lost 4% of your body weight in 28 days, you win part of the pot.  So, you know, a good incentive to stick with it.  I will also be using MyFitnessPal to track my calories.

So get ready for lots of pictures of my dinner plate.  And maybe my exercise bike.  Or me wearing a headband.  It's going to be a great year.

1 comment:

  1. Love My Fitness Pal! It's such a great app! Good luck with your resolutions! You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete