Monday, August 5, 2013

C is for Cookie

If you've been around for a while you know that I love cooking and baking.  It's one of my favorite things to do.  Especially when I get to cook for other people.  Well, I have a dirty little secret.  As much as I love baking, I hate making cookies.  It's just so blah.  I mean cookies are fine, but I have zero desire to make them.

Here's the thing though, cookies are always a great thing to take as a treat somewhere.  So I've had to get over my cookie hatred on occasion to make cookies to take somewhere.  Tomorrow is such an occasion.  I have teachers volunteering to come in and help me with enrollment.  Super sweet, especially since they're still on summer vacation.  So, cookies are the perfect treat to spoil my co-workers a little.

A while back I started making cake mix cookies.  Guys, it's so easy it's not even funny.  Now they're not some crazy healthy cookie.  Nor are they gourmet.  But, they always get rave reviews.  Around Valentines I always make pink cookies with a strawberry cake mix and white chips.  Adorable and a little different.  They're great because you can use any cake mix and whatever kind of chips (not potato, duh) you have laying around.


Cake Mix Cookies
1 cake mix
1/3 cup oil
2 large eggs
2 cups chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix all ingredients together.  Scoop cookie dough, roll into balls, place on greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes.  Remove from oven while still soft.


Anybody else thinking making cookies is a giant pain too?  I can totally recommend these, super easy and delicious!  What have you guys been up to?  I've been working my tail off at my actual job so have had zero motivation for house projects.  It's been a lot of laying on the couch watching TV in our house.  Hopefully that will change soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment