Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Creative Juices, They Are A Flowing

Oh boy!  I love it when I get inspired and get in a crafty mood.  Last night after it cooled down a little, you know to like 85 instead of 100, I got to work on my wicker entryway cabinet I bought.  I started on it last week.  I had debated between two colors -- Caramel Latte and a hammered bronze.  I went with the Caramel Latte, huge mistake!  It was more of a creamy gold and over wicker, it looked like it would have gone in my Granny's house.  So back to Lowe's yesterday and I bought the hammered bronze.  Two cans of spray paint later, it had the husband seal of approval.  It's sitting in the garage right now to finish drying and to get less spray paint smelly.  I can't wait to get it back into the house and accessorized.  It also has the bonus of great storage space.  I am so excited to put some of my bigger kitchen stuff inside -- cake containers and the like.  It's going to be great.  And so convenient!




Okay, it looks a little weird with the doors hanging open.  And it looks a little goofy in the middle of my driveway.  You can see my amazing garage door though.  Anyway, I'm pretty much in love with it.

So last night in looking for something online.... I forget what.  I found a tutorial to make Roman Shades.  I could not be more excited.  I have loved Roman Shades for so so long.  When my parents built their new house I desperately wanted my mom to put Roman Shades up.  Apparently they're hard to make though.  At least with sewing involved.  I have been trying to figure out what kind of curtains to put up in our master bath since we bought our house.  Deep down I wanted Roman Shades but I am way to cheap to shell out the money to buy them.  So we've had terrible, tacky venetian blinds in the bathroom.  Just plain white ones my husband put up for me.  No there's nothing really wrong with them, I just think they're ugly.  Well, it turns out I can repurpose them to make my Roman Shades.  So today after lunch out with a friend and a hair cut I will be making a trip to buy fabric and making Roman Shades later today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment