Monday, March 11, 2013

Euw vs. Ooh

It's funny how words sound the same but mean different things.  I know kids, an English lesson.  Okay, not really.  So today I was eating a cookie.  I had a meeting after school and I bought cookies to take to my meeting.  Well, I was talking after the meeting and eating a second cookie.  I thought the first cookie tasted kind of weird.  After I took a bite, I looked down at the second cookie.  Mold!  Euw!  So disgusted.  I chewed a piece of gum and still couldn't get the gross mold taste out of my mouth.  Horrifying.  So, that's my first euw.  I mean I'm still thinking about the grossness.  Obviously, I threw the rest of those cookies away.  And they were those delicious Lofthouse sugar cookies with the frosting and sprinkles.

And now for the good Ooh.  Ooh, I did a little work on the mantle.  Let's do an eye-spy.  Can you tell what's new?
 Last Week

This Week

Okay.  It's not really hard.  But here we go.  On the left side, I painted the candle holders and I found a little turquoise bird at Hobby Lobby.  He was half off.  My mom weighed in and thought he was cute.  I like him. He may need a name just for fun.

On the right.  All that I really changed was I grabbed the little wooden "Love" sign and brought it over off the shelf.  Not a huge difference.

I'm pretty happy with it.  I'd kind of like something with a little more height.  And I'm still tossing around the idea of turning the mirror so that it stands vertically instead of horizontally.  We'll see.

What did you guys do over the weekend?  I started spray painting the chairs but I ran out of time and primer.  Then it rained the rest of the weekend.  Maybe tomorrow night.  Because the extra day light is really the only good part about day light savings time.  I definitely was not appreciating the time change when I got up at 5 this morning.  Where do you stand on day light savings?  

2 comments:

  1. AHH! Gross!! Mary I am sorry you ate a moldy cookie, but I love your candlesticks! I can't wait to see your chairs. And I hate that we lost an hour of sleep...I WILL RECOVER!! Hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It was so disgusting. I'm still a little horrified by it.

      I was a little hesitant to paint the candlesticks at first but I'm totally in love with them. I'm hoping I can get the chairs done by next week. The rest of this week promises to be busy :P

      Delete