I was going to get to work on the table last night but I got sidetracked by paperwork. And I got my car stuck in the middle of the driveway. Like smack dab in the middle of the driveway. In the snow. Awesome. So, since my car was stuck I gave up and went inside to do other things. Those other things had to involve chocolate. Of course I didn't have any chocolate just hanging out ready to eat. However I had pinned a mug brownie recipe. And I had everything I needed. I bet you do too. It's pretty much basic kitchen stuff.
Since it was amazingly delicious I'm going to share the recipe with you. It's truly amazing. It improved my day by 1000% percent. I poured a glass of milk and it totally made my day. I wish I could say I came up with the recipe. I didn't. It's from Melissa over at Number 2 Pencil. Her other recipes look pretty amazing too, you should probably check out her blog.
Brownie in a Cup
- 2 tablespoons of butter (use real butter kiddies!)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 firmly packed tablespoon of light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons of semi sweet chocolate chunks
- Melt butter in microwave safe mug or ramekin. Butter should be melted, not boiling.
- Stir together butter, sugars, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in egg yolk. Do not use egg white! Save for a different recipe or discard.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and stir again until well combined.
- Finally, add chocolate chunks.
- Cook for about 45 seconds in microwave. Do not over cook. Microwave times may vary.
Guys, it's seriously amazing. If you love chocolate you're totally going to thank me for sharing this with you. I wish I'd taken a picture of it, it was that delicious. I cannot stop telling people about it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to make another one for a snack this afternoon.
What are you cooking lately? Any new recipes that are delicious and I need to try out? Are there "in a cup" recipes that you're loving? This was my first "in a cup" cooking. I'm never going back. It may also cause me to get worse chocolate hips. Sigh.