Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Shopping Spectacular

We went to Dallas.  As a whole, I don't love going to the south.  The main problem, is the humidity.  But spring is a completely acceptable time to go to Dallas, it wasn't horribly humid.  Hooray.  And it was warm and sunny.  And we ate at my favorite fast food place.  Yes, my favorite fast food place.  As we were driving down, I kept screaming the name every time we drove past one of them.  I want to give that place kisses.  Weird, I know.  But man, it's good.


Whataburger!  Mmmmm!  It's so delicious!  I had a cheeseburger and fries if you were curious.  A bunless burger so that it was soy free.  And they fry their fries in canola oil.  I asked.  Score!

And we went to Ikea.  It was amazing.  I can't wait until the KC location opens.  I think I mentioned yesterday that I only spent around $15.  Fabulous.  The hubby spent more at Home Depot that day than I did at Ikea so I call that pretty successful.  I should've taken more pictures of things I want.  I thought my mom would think it was weird.  Until I whipped it out to photograph these pillows because I'm pretty sure I can make them.  We decided it wasn't worth the $15 or so that they cost but that I could make them.  And then I regretted not whipping out my phone earlier.  Sigh.

Of course I brought a couple of things home.  I've gotten so good at being frugal lately.  So I bought three turquoise candles to replace the white candles that were living on the mantle.  For like $2 a piece.  And I bought that cute little lantern for around four buckaroos.

 I also bought a picture frame but it doesn't have a home yet.  I have plans for it though.  We need to replace our thermostat, when that happens the frame is going around the thermostat to fancy it up a bit.

Since I was adding stuff to the mantle again I snagged something else while I was at my parents house between Dallas and coming home for real.  We had an amazing cake topper on our wedding cake.  I custom ordered it on Etsy.  It had never made it back.  So my mom and I dug into the closet and I brought that back.  Now it's happy on my shelf.
Yes, we are holding fishing poles in wedding attire.  And that is even made to look like us and my wedding dress.  See why I wanted to display it so badly.

Since we're kind of talking about shopping, I thought I'd share a couple of things I saw at Hobby Lobby the other day.  I'm kind of wishing I'd bought them.  Maybe next time.
Completely adorbs, right?!  I'm thinking I could make something similar to this.  I totally wouldn't need the ribbon and clothes pins because I would want it just for cuteness and not for hanging things on.

And isn't this just the cutest?  I think I could do the three planks and maybe paint a bird.  Or I could just spend the money and buy it.  You know, when it's 50% off.  

Where have you been shopping lately?  Any great finds?  Or inspiration to make something fab?  Or maybe you're like me and see things and not buy them but later regret being a cheap skate.  Sigh.  At least Hobby Lobby is a little more convenient to shop than Ikea.




No comments:

Post a Comment