Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Planning a Party [part 2]

As I sit down to write about planning a party, it seems like kind of a frivolous topic for today.  But, we must keep living our lives.  We must keep finding the joy in life.  Otherwise we have given up.  So, before we get to it, an article I think is worth reading.  Patton Oswalt posted this, I believe originally on his facebook and it's now on the Huffington Post.  Go read it.  Please excuse the language.

And from the ever insightful Mr. Rogers....

And now for party planning....

I'm throwing some ideas around.  The friend I'm throwing the shower for is someone I used to do summer camp with.  Now that is definitely an experience.  But, it only seems fitting to have marshmallows at her shower.  I'm thinking something like these.
(source)

And I'm thinking sangria or some other light and fruity mixed drink.  I think that will be perfect for a late afternoon event.
Or maybe this yummy rummy mixed drink, because well, we always have rum on  hand....

For food I'm thinking just your basic shower food.  A yummy fruit tray.  Some turkey and red pepper pinwheels.  And cupcakes.  Always cupcakes.  Probably lime.  If I remember correctly, the bride is a big lime fan.

I don't think I'm going to do too much in the way of decorating.  Maybe some round hot pink place mats under the food just for fun.  

I think something like this outside would be fun.  Like lining the driveway but I'm pretty sure between the dog, the squirrels, and the wind, that it wouldn't really last.  Boo.

I was also thinking of a fun photo back drop.  Or something to put behind the table where all the goodies will be.
(source)
Confetti filled balloons.  So super cute.
 (source)
Loving this sparkly confetti background too.

So, we'll see.  I totally need to get on it.  I'm thinking a trip to the craft store very soon to grab a couple of supplies.  I also need to hardcore clean my house.

And I've added something new to my plate too.  Other than it being state testing time at school.  I started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred last night.  Man, I'm so excited about it!  It's super tough and I'm kind of in pain but I know it's totally going to be worth it.

So, what are you guys up to?  Any go to party planning foods or decorating?  Anybody else planning anything fun lately?



1 comment:

  1. All your ideas are awesome! I would totally come and eat everything and I love you idea to do a photo backdrop!

    ReplyDelete