Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Brownie Extravaganza

Okay guys, I love brownies.  Really, I love sweets.  I'm not too picky.  Sweets are fabulous.  I try not to make them too often.  My husband isn't a big sweet eater so I'm left to consume a whole pan of something on my own.  Bad news bears.  So I try to stick to making things when we're going somewhere.

The other day at school, we had a Pinterest/Facebook recipe day.  Obviously the perfect excuse to try out a new recipe.  So exciting!  I had been seeing the brownie lasagna and the brownie refrigerator cake everywhere.  I'm serious, go make it guys!  It was so good.  I didn't bring any home with me.  A little disappointing considering I was planning on eating some leftovers after school....  Anyway. 

I found the recipe here.

Make your brownies.  Follow the directions on the box and add one extra egg.  Bake.  The recipe called for two brownie mixes, I used one of the family size Betty Crocker boxes.


Mix 8oz cream cheese, 8oz Cool Whip, and 1 cup powdered sugar.  Spread that deliciousness over the brownies.  

Let those brownies cool down.  Stare at them longingly.  Mix one box of vanilla and one of chocolate pudding with 3 1/2 cups of milk.  Spread that over the cream cheese mixture.

All of my toppings all lined up.  Mix the cream cheese, Cool Whip and powdered sugar with your mixer.  Mix all the pudding in a big Tupperware.  I do this all the time, no mixer needed.  Dump in your pudding stuff, put on the lid, and shake.  Perfect for eating pudding on the couch.  And the rest of the Cool Whip for the top layer.  Go ahead and buy the big tub, you will need that much.  Just divide it.  Unless the little tubs are on sale.  You know, go with whatever is cheaper.
Spread the rest of the Cool Whip over the pudding mixture.  Be careful not to smudge the chocolate pudding into your Cool Whip so it doesn't look gross.  Just a tip.

Sprinkle with chocolate chips.  Or chocolate shavings.  Or whatever small bits of chocolate you have laying around.  Chocolate sprinkles....

Mmmm, I'm wishing I had a piece right now.  So good!  I wish I had baked the brownies a little less.  Other than that, it was absolutely perfect.  And decadent.  And I wished I had a glass of milk.  I'd say these tie for deliciousness with the Heath bar brownies.  These take a little time but are super easy.

Here's the actual recipe:
Ingredients:
2 brownie mixes
1 extra large egg
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
2 (8 oz.) containers whipped topping
1 (3 oz.) package instant chocolate pudding
1 (3 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding
3 1/2 cups milk
1 Hershey candy bar or chocolate syrup
Directions: Mix brownie mixes according to directions. Add egg. Bake in 9x13 inch greased and floured cake pan. Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 container whipped topping. Put this mix on top of the cooled brownies. Blend puddings and milk together and put on top of the cream cheese mixture. Top with another layer of whipped topping. Put chocolate shavings or chocolate syrup on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve. 

What are you guys making that's delicious?  Sorry I've been MIA lately, testing is kicking my tail.  I need to get back into house projects, it makes me so much happier.  Anybody else's happiness depend on DIY Projects?  Surely I'm not the only one. 


1 comment:

  1. I just made brownies yesterday for Aaron's Birthday!!! I just used a box and added some white chocolate chips to shake things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete