Thursday, April 18, 2013

Weigh In

No, not actual pounds.  Though I'm hard at work on that.  Day Three of the 30 Day Shred down people!  I'm pretty sure it's going to take longer than thirty days though.  We'll get there though.  I'm almost back to being able to walk without huge amounts of pain.  And I'm  feeling pretty good about all my hard work.

Anyway.  Back to the real weigh in.  I need your opinion guys.  I've been thinking about my mail situation.  I know everyone calls this the Command Center or something crazy like that.  I refuse to do that.  I'm fairly sure a two person household doesn't warrant anything called a command center.  It just feels pretentious to me.  If you have a command center, I still love you, I'm not judging you.  I just can't call it that in my house.

So, I'm at an impasse.  I know what I'm want.  But I'm also very cheap.  I've come across two ideas that I think could work.  The first is the completely store bought plan.  The beautiful Martha Stewart organizing system from Michaels.  Remember, I talked about it before.  It's so pretty.  I know it would love to come live at my house.
But remember, I'm cheap.  And for all the pieces I want, it would cost at least $65.  Eek.  That's a lot just to sort my mail and keep track of things.

So there's a second option.  I came across this on Pinterest the other day.  I've actually bought most of the supplies.  I'm just second guessing myself.  I know it will work.  And I like the look of it.  I just can't fully commit.
McKenzie over at Girl Loves Glam made this super cute organization board.  I could do a version of her idea.  Mine would have a calendar, a cork board, my cleaning schedule, a mail bin, and a pen cup.  I already bought frames.  And a piece of foam board.  McKenzie used plywood but I think I can totally do it with the foam board and it was less than $2.  Mine would look something like this:
This is of course not to scale.  Just something I whipped up to get an idea of how it would look.  I would cover my foam board in leftover zebra print contact paper.  The main thing holding me up right now is finding a mail sorter and pencil cup that will work.

So, what do you think?  Should I go ahead with my Mary customized mail sorter/organization plan?  Or should I just suck it up and shell out the money for the Martha Stewart system?  I just need to make up my mind and do it.

What are you organizing this week?  Anybody else completely hit by the spring cleaning bug?  Maybe I'll be able to commit to a mail system tonight and be back tomorrow with the finished product.  Cross your fingers.  And give me your opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment