Friday, June 7, 2013

Rock On

As part of redecorating my office at work, I decided I needed a cozy chair in the corner.  I really had in mind like a cute little slipper chair.  One of my co-workers is an extreme garage saler and is amazing at finding bargains so I set her on a mission to find me a chair.  So she called me last Saturday morning, she was in town where I live and had found a rocking chair for $10 but they would go down to $8.  Score!  A rocking chair wasn't what I had planned on but for $8....  Then she called back a few minutes later that she had found an even better one for the same price.  So I cleaned out my backseat and headed out to pick up my new chair.

Well, it wouldn't fit in the back seat.  Turns out a Grand Am is not meant for transporting furniture.  So I did the next logical thing, shoved it in the trunk.  Of course it didn't fit but I only had to drive a couple of miles, all on back roads so I made it work.
Keepin' it classy.  Got the job done though.  I drove home at like 25mph with my hazards on.  Amazing.

Obviously you can't tell anything from the bottom of the chair.  With an old tote bag keeping it from getting scratched up.  So here's a real shot.  It's hanging out in my living room until I borrow my sweet hubby's truck to haul it to work.  Definitely not driving an hour with a chair half hanging out of my trunk.

I haven't decided exactly what to do with it yet though.  I can't decide if I want to leave it as is, the finish is in pretty good shape.  Or paint it.  Thoughts?  Also, it's super comfy.  I'm always skeptical of wooden rockers but I am in love with this one.  Especially for eight smackeroos.  

What are you guys working on this weekend?  I have deck staining in my future.  Today I did the top of all the rails.  So now it's the floor of the decks and the stairs.  Oh boy.  I've got my work cut out for me.
Can't wait to get that business under control.  Hopefully the weather cooperates with me.  Have a super weekend guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment