Monday, September 16, 2013

Work it Wednesday (on a Monday)

Remember a long time ago when I used to do Work it Wednesday?  Okay, probably not.  It was barely a thing.  I did it like twice.  So I'm not sure it counts for anything.  But, I'm bringing it back.  That way my little DIY-crafty-home improvey-foodie blog doesn't turn into a fitness blog.  Because believe me, I am no fitness expert.  But I do think it's fun to share my little journey.  So it's getting added to the mix.  We'll see if it sticks this time around.  I might even try to come up with an actual blogging schedule and blog about certain things on certain days.  Wild, I know.  We'll see though.  For now, today is Work it Wednesday, even though it's really Monday.

My DietBet is almost over.  I'm pretty sure I'm not going to win.  Unless the ole fat decides to go ahead and cooperate, with 2 more pounds magically melting off.  The annoying thing is, I had it totally won like two weeks ago.  Then Labor Day happened and I chowed on leftover Labor Day party food for a whole week.  And of course it wasn't healthy.  So I porked back on a lot of the weight I had lost.  I've re-lost 5 of the pounds in the past week which I realize is really good, but it's still frustrating. 

Even if I didn't win, I'm super glad I did the DietBet.  It was a great kick start.  I feel so much healthier.  I don't really see any change in the mirror, but I feel better.  And I know I'm making healthy choices that will pay off in the long run.

So, just for funsies, here's a breakdown of my workouts for the past week:
  • I biked 31.77 miles.  Holy cow!  That's way more than I expected.  I usually try to do at least 3 miles a day.  Yesterday I knocked it out of the park and did 8 but wimped out and only walked 1/2 a mile.  I had a Chiefs game to get home and watch.
  • I walked 6.61 miles.  Not very good but I didn't go to the gym on Tuesday because I wasn't feeling well, so I just biked 6 miles at home.  And then yesterday was only half a mile.  I think this week will be better.
  • I did 30 Day Shred six out of seven days.  I failed on that yesterday, but I think the 8 mile bike ride kinda sorta compensates.  Maybe?  Or maybe that's just making excuses.  But once again, football took priority.
What do you guys do to stay healthy?  How do you stay motivated?  I totally bribe myself!  I'm buying myself a new nail polish since I worked out everyday last week.  And for every ten pounds I lose, I reward myself.  Not with food, with fitness stuff or clothes or something.  Anybody else need bribery to stay motivated?

No comments:

Post a Comment