Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Projects

I go back to work in a little less than a month.  That thought makes me very sad.  I love my summer vacation.  I love the projects.  I love the time to watch as much Gilmore Girls as I want.  I love having the time and energy to be domestic.  I love having a clean house and laundry that's under control.  So, when I realized it was somehow already July, I knew it was time to get cracking on my summer projects.  What better way to get started than by making a list.

1.  Build that air conditioner cover.  That may be on the list for next week.  Fingers crossed.  I have confidence that I can do it.  I'm envisioning having Lowes pre-cut the boards for me and just screwing everything together.

2.  Finish staining the deck.  I got one coat on the floor.  A second coat is in the near future.
This is not our dog.  It was just a random neighbor dog that came to hang out on our porch.  It was just the only before picture of the deck I could find.

After the first coat.  It's looking better.

Tip:  If you're going to stain your deck, pick a color close to the natural color of your deck.  The redwood stain looks great and matches our brick but is a giant pain to keep up.  

3.  Paint hallway.  This is happening this afternoon.  At least the primer is going up.  Super psyched!  So, all the tan is going away very soon.


5.  Continue thinking about painting inside of kitchen cabinets.  I keep thinking it's a good idea but I just don't know if it's worth the effort.  Maybe one cabinet at a time.  We'll see.

So, what are you guys up to this summer?  Anyone else panicking because the end is near?  Alright, time to get started painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment