Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Deck the Halls

Literally actually.  I've been having the great Christmas card debate.  Usually we just stick all of our Christmas cards up on our fridge.  The whole front of the fridge winds up plastered with the cute faces of all the children we know.  The regular Christmas cards never end up anywhere because there just isn't space.  We are seriously over run with pictures of adorable children.  Our fridge is usually pretty full of their faces to start with.

The other day I was wishing our front hallway was a little more festive so I decided to deck the hall with my Christmas cards.  I grabbed a spool of ribbon, leftover from decorating my candle holders and cut a piece long enough to span that part of the hallway.  I stopped at the DG to buy some clothespins (I know, I know, normal people already have clothespins but I had to pick up a bag for $1) and painted them gold.  It would've been much easier to paint them with spray paint.  However, I didn't have gold spray paint, what I had was gold craft paint.  So, I watched an episode of Parenthood and painted my clothespins.  Then I just used a couple of push pins to tack my ribbon to the wall.  I hung a few little 3-D gold star ornaments from the push pins for a little flair and was ready to pin up my Christmas cards.

I left up my metal flower wall sculpture.  I'll just pretend it's Christmas-y.  And I may have had to clear off my table so I could take a picture.  The mail needed to be sorted anyway.  Am I the only one who ends up with a piled entryway table?



Daylight savings is ruining my ability to take any reasonable looking pictures.  It's dark so early.  The paneling also always provides a challenge.  Ug.  It just is not attractive in pictures.  When you have this much paneling, you just have to decide you're going to like it.

As I'm writing right now, we (because my husband loves me) are watching Love Actually.  It's making me feel more Christmas-y already.  I love it so much!  I'm also looking forward to Friday.  I'm taking the day off to finish Christmas shopping.  And I'm planning to have lunch with a friend, actually the counselor who supervised my internship.  Totally looking forward to it.  Then I have big plans to watch White Christmas and wrap presents.  Pretty excited.

So, how do you display your Christmas cards?  Are your friends cards being slowly taken over by pictures of their adorable kiddos?  I kind of feel like nobody cares about cards from us since it's just the two of us.  Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right?  And I may have signed a few cards from our dog too.


No comments:

Post a Comment