Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dressing It Up

Well, here's the deal.  I went shopping with my sister yesterday.  I didn't do any dresser revamping at all.  Disappointing!  I did pin some ideas.  I have great (I hope!) thoughts for what I'm going to do.  First, here's a refresher of my living room.




So, brown and turquoise.  And tan.  So that's what we're working with.  And I've been pinning a bunch of stuff.  I'm just still debating on the outside color of the dresser.  I'm kind of between cream and brown.  As you can see from the pictures, all of our furniture is dark brown.  Our built ins are brown with a turquoise back wall.  I know for sure that I want to paint the inside of the drawers the same color as the back of the built ins.

I mean this is gorgeous!  Obviously the dresser is grey instead of brown or cream but it's still absolutely gorgeous.  I just love the idea of a pop of color inside.

Obviously the outside of this is turquoise and I've promised to not have more than one piece of brightly colored furniture in the room.  But I think the combination of dark wood with the turquoise is gorgeous.  Love it!

I desperately love this.  I pinned it ages ago.  I love the stenciling.  I love the white with the pale turquoise.  It makes me think cream and bright turquoise would be okay.  I'm going to paint the inside of my top drawers (that are going to become shelves) turquoise for a fun visible pop of turquoise.

So, those are just some ideas.  I've pinned tons more.  I think these are my favorites though.  On my dresser I really want to take out the divider between the two drawers and put in new dividers to make three separate openings at the top.  I'm not sure how well that will work out though.  I really just need to take the drawers out and do some staring at the dresser to see what will work best.

What new house projects are you working on this winter?  Anybody else completely over-analyze all their projects and paint colors?  I think I need to go back to just going with my gut, my gut was usually smarter than my serious thinking thoughts.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! I ALWAYS over-analyze projects and paint colors...it is so bad. My husband does it too so I'm always trying to remind us to keep things simple because they always get complicated and ugly for us when we don't. Although some things just aren't simple. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I hate that I over-analyze. I used to be so good at just picking a color and going with it. Then we had the bathroom painting incident and I think I lost my confidence in color choice. It's terrible.

      Delete