Saturday, July 14, 2012

kitchen ideas

I love what our house is becoming.  No, its never going to look like it belongs in a magazine.  Not with this much paneling anyway.  But I love how it is really becoming us.  The basic bones of the rooms are there, we still need accessories.  Specifically art.

I love our kitchen.  I love it so much.  We have a little bit of stuff hanging on the walls, but it all looks awkward.  We have a framed picture collage that spells out our last name.  It's super awkwardly placed though.  It's covering up a bad patch of a hole in the wall.  I think it can be made better.  Maybe a bigger picture or a miniature gallery wall.  I'm still thinking.

I printed a cupcake picture today.  I think that's going to be my starting point.  I love baking cupcakes.  I am also really liking these recipe art pieces.  I'm trying to figure out if I can successfully make a couple of those with some of my favorite recipes.  I've also found a cute cupcake collage that I like, I just don't know about putting it in the kitchen.

My inspiration....


We'll see where it goes.  Maybe that will be one of my projects for this next week - get some art going on up on our walls.  We don't have much wall space in the kitchen so it shouldn't be too hard really.

No comments:

Post a Comment