Monday, July 2, 2012

Craftapalooza 2012

So my husband hurt his back yesterday.  That meant there were less house projects yesterday and more craftiness going on.  While he was watching baseball on the couch, I was sitting in the middle of the floor doing craft projects.  He had to go into work for a few hours in the morning and I got craft inspired.  I was planning to wait til today to work on my projects but, since he wasn't up for much else, I hung out with him and got started on my projects.

So my first project was doing some trays.  One for the coffee table to store magazines and one for the front entry way table that I've been working on.  That pretty much just involved some craft paint, scrap book paper and Mod Podge.  The one for the living room got some turquoise and brown paint and then some matching paper.
The color didn't photograph the best, but it looks great.  And now it's holding some fishing magazines and remotes.  Love it!  And it carries over the turquoise that I painted in the back of the built ins.  The other tray I did goes on the entry way table I've been working on.  That tray is turquoise and gold.  The main part of the tray is turquoise and the edging is all gold.  I found a gorgeous paper that was a nice texture and a turquoise and gold print.  And it looks pretty much perfect on the table.
Oh, and did I mention I got new knobs for the table?  My trip to JoAnn's was super productive.  I spent a while yesterday desperately wishing there was a Hobby Lobby closer to our house (the nearest one is a 45 minute drive) and then realizing there was a brand new JoAnn Fabrics 10 minutes away.  Not quite the same, but I found everything I wanted.  Anyway, let's check out a before and after of that table...

That second picture definitely shows off more of my ugly entry way floor but that floor is on the to do list.  I also plan on putting a nice vase of flowers on that table too.  That tray is going to hold mail.  I'm so in love with it.

I've also been working on one of those scrap wreaths.  Except I don't sew so I bought a pack of quilt block fabric.  As a happy accident, my husband liked the colors because they were Mizzou colors.  Granted, a tone downed Mizzou color scheme, but it still works.  I was just going for summery colors that would match the outside of our house and not be too girly.  So I think I succeeded.  I'm still working on tying on the about 400 strips of fabric.
So it's in process.  I am going to have to buy some more fabric to get it completely finished.  I also have plans for a twine wrapped wreath for our other front door.  Can't wait to get them done!






No comments:

Post a Comment