Thursday, August 9, 2012

hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work i go

I went back to work on Monday.  That has meant little time for anything but work.  And trips to Walmart to get stuff I still need for my office.  Man, do I wish I was still on summer vacation.  This getting up every morning is for the birds.  I am seriously not a fan.

It would be okay I guess if I could've spent the whole week decorating and organizing my office rather than doing schedules, sending out transfers, and other paperwork.  Such is life.  I guess at least I'm lucky to have those two months off.

This year I decided my office needed a more decisive color scheme and some better decorating.  I didn't really have a color in mind.  I went to Walmart the other day to buy fabric for my bulletin boards and fell in love with a black, grey, cream, and chartruse floral print.  It's now on the big bulletin board in my office and on the two smaller cork boards by my desk.  And I'm in love.  I also got some of those vinyl wall quotes to put above my desk.  It's pretty much amazing.  So, even though all the paint on my walls is not the same, I like what's actually hanging on the walls.
And, looking at this picture, I apparently need better lighting in my office.  Those fluorescent lights are just not cutting it.  But I love how my wall looks.  I have a bookshelf ordered, so maybe when it comes in I can get a lamp too.

In other news, I finally went to a doctor that did an allergy test to find out what was causing my hives.  A novel concept, right?  So, I really am allergic to the world.  Pretty much all grass, nearly all trees, sesame seeds, soybeans, and peanuts.  And it's a fairly severe peanut allergy.  How did I get to almost 29 years old and not know I was allergic to peanuts.  So, those crazy food allergies are likely what is causing my hives.  That means it is time for a serious change in diet, soybeans are in practically everything.  So we'll see how that goes.  It's going to involve a lot of label reading, I know that for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment