Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pencil Stencil

No I did not make my own stencil.  I seriously considered it.  I finished my living room art.  No, it's not totally perfect, but I am so happy with how it turned out.  It's laying in the middle of my living room floor, drying, waiting to be hung on the wall.  I can't wait!  That's the great thing about the little Apple Barrel acrylic paints, they dry super fast.  So by the time I make another trip to JoAnn's I can hang it on the wall when I get back.

So right now it's sitting in the middle of our living room floor.  And I love it!  Stenciling three canvases takes quite a while but obviously not nearly as long as doing a whole wall.  And I'm so excited to finally get some art up on the wall.  I'm going to have to bust out my level to get these three hung so that the pattern lines up.  

And then it's on to getting some projects done for my office for when I go back to work next week.  I love my job, but I also love summer vacation, I'm just not quite ready to go back.  It's pretty sad.  But I'm determined for my office to be cuter this year.  I stopped by one of my friend's school yesterday and saw her office, it was adorable.  So my definitely needs to step it up.  I wish I had taken pictures because I am totally going to steal some of her ideas.  But here are some of my ideas....

I think I am going to do this with a piece of wood or a canvas and then cut letters out of scrapbook paper and Mod Podge them on.  Fabulous!


I still haven't decided exactly how to recreate this, but I'm pretty sure it's perfect for my office.  So now I'm ready to go shopping.

I had plans to totally work on the outside of the house today but I woke up and it was raining.  I'm definitely not complaining about the rain.  We are in definite need of a lot of rain.  So I'm just going to do inside projects and me thankful that it's raining.  Still not enough I'm sure, but a little is better than none.

No comments:

Post a Comment