Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Why I Love Pinterest

Ug. I said I wouldn't join Pinterest. But I did. However I suck at actually pinning things. Instead, Pinterest really just makes me feel better about myself. It makes me know I am not the only dork out there making old lady crafts. Remember that scrap wreath I made?

That is totally something my grandma would have made.

I'm trying to get better at pinning things without becoming totally obsessed.  Learning that I have food allergies has actually made me use Pinterest more.  I look up recipes for stuff that I can eat all the time.  I'm going to try a Texas Roadhouse roll knock off recipe.  I'm also going to try homemade pretzels.  I'm pretty excited.  I've never really tried anything with yeast so I'm a little nervous.  I've made bread, but really just beer bread or fruit breads.  So, fingers are crossed that it's not a total failure.

I feel like some of the things on Pinterest are ridiculously over the top.  If those are the things you love, no judging.  Well, maybe a little judging.  But, if that's what makes you happy, go for it.  There are some things that, at this point in my life, are just not worth the effort.  One of those things is super elaborate scrap books. Ug.  I tried it when I was in high school/college.  And then I gave up.  I honestly pretty much quit taking pictures.

The picture taking is going to improve.  My husband got me a new camera for my birthday.  I'm so excited to start taking pictures that are better.  And actually start documenting our lives.  Well, other than DIY projects that I take a picture of with my phone.  Keepin' it classy.  

Anyway, my real hope about Pinterest is that it is bringing back the craft projects and recipes of my grandmothers' generation.  I love crocheting.  I love repurposing things.  I love fabric.  I also love my 1960s Betty Crocker cookbook.  

No comments:

Post a Comment