Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fa fa fa Fall

I don't really like fall.  Well, it's not that I don't actually like fall.  I don't like what comes after fall.  I want to wear fuzzy sweaters and boots for about a week.  After that I'm totally done.  Spring and summer, I'll take those any day.  I love flip flops, the lake, fishing, boating, grilling...  All of it.  I drag out summer as long as possible.  I wear flip flops longer than really appropriate.

That's why it's shocking that yesterday I busted out real shoes much much earlier than normal.  I threw on my black and hot pink Nikes with jeans and a fleece to go to work.  Don't judge the casualness.  I work at a school, that means jeans day on Friday.  Usually with a school shirt.  It's just another amazing part of my job.  But by the time I got home from work, I was totally done wearing socks.  Sometime I told my husband shoes were like toe prisons.  I don't remember saying it, but it's definitely something I would say.  So, back to flip flops today.  Even if it's a little chilly and fall-like.

This morning I am home alone, my husband is hunting.  We've hit that time of year.  So that means I made myself a delicious breakfast.  Scrambled eggs and coffee cake muffins.  Man oh man, was it good.

And now it's time to switch laundry.  Do a little house cleaning.  Run to Maurices to exchange a pair of earrings I bought yesterday that are broken :(  And then do some fun crafts.  I should probably work on painting the outside of the house.  I just am absolutely not in the mood for house painting.  But, that means some craft projects will hopefully get done.  So, pictures are probably coming soon.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment