Saturday, September 29, 2012

Coming in 2014


Oh my goodness!  Holy cow!  I am sooooooo excited!  Do the math people, no I’m not pregnant.  IKEA has announced they will be opening a store in Kansas City in 2014. 

I love IKEA so much!  I’ve only been once.  I’m continually jealous of all these people who constantly say, “Oh, I picked this up at IKEA the other day.”  Right now the closest IKEAs are in Dallas and Chicago.  Way too far from Kansas City for just a shopping trip. 

So now I have great shopping trips planned in my head.  I want to be able to buy big things if I want to.  I went to the IKEA in Dallas one fall.  I was visiting my sister and I went with one of her friends.  I was flying home so that severely limited what I could buy.  But that shopping trip was one of the highlights of my trip to Dallas.

On the same trip we saw The Boys Named Sue play at a bar in Deep Ellum (I think), I drank a lot, danced a little (I’m a terrible dancer), and my sister tried to get me to make out with one of the guys in the band (I didn’t).  We also ate at this amazing restaurant called Gloria’s that has the best mojitos and black bean dip in the world.  Yum.  I swear you cannot get a good mojito any farther north than Texas. 

Yup, those were the highlights of my trip – a concert, drinks, and a shopping trip. 

And now IKEA is moving in close to me.  I just know we are going to be the best of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment