Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fall Fireplace

My fall decorating is done!  And I'm officially in love with it.  I painted pumpkins with ideas I got from pinterest.  I was a little worried about the chevron pumpkin.  It turned out okay.  It's not my favorite but it's not so horrible I felt like I needed to redo it.  The argyle one though, amazing.  I love it.  I freehanded the diamonds in the argyle, I was pretty pleased with how it turned out.  

Pumpkins.  Ready for their close up.  I added the crate for some height.  I thought about a mini haybale, but then I thought about the giant mess and the allergy situation.  

The whole picture

The mantle.  Love it!  I had that small canvas kicking around, I bought it for another project that turned out as a fail.  I repainted it a golden and stenciled a dark brown leaf with hints of red.

Mantle up close.  I added some cute ribbon around the bottom of the candle holders.  They are left over from our wedding.  

I think my fall fun projects are probably done for the weekend.  My parents are supposed to be here this afternoon to help us start painting the outside of the house.  I have a lampshade I may try to redo before they get here.  The husband is hunting so it's been a morning of mopping the floor and watching Gilmore Girls.  

No comments:

Post a Comment