Saturday, September 22, 2012

September Craftapalooza

I meant to post this yesterday, but I didn't.  So pretend it's still Friday....


Oh boy.  I have a case of the Fridays.  I want to do nothing except go to Hobby Lobby or Joann’s and buy stuff and then go do serious craft projects while watching Gilmore Girls in my living room.  That would be absolutely perfect. 

I have gone pinterest crazy.  It’s a serious problem.  At first I was just going and looking for specific things I wanted to make and pinning them.  Now it’s just a crazy free for all where I waste tons of time pinning random things.  Then I of course decide I must make them immediately.  If I don’t watch out we’re going to have a serious case of crafting hoarders on our hands.  It’s bad people. Really bad.

So, what am I going to do this weekend?  Clean my house because my parents are coming to visit on Sunday.  And I’m going to get my craft on in a serious way.  I’m going to finish decorating our house for fall.  That’s going to involve some pumpkins, maybe a tiny hay bale, and a painted canvas I am in the process of finishing. 

I may also coat some candle holders with glitter.  I just saw it.  And I’m in love.  I wish I had known about this great idea before our wedding, then we would’ve glittered everything.  I can’t wait. 
http://www.thesweetestoccasion.com/2012/07/diy-glitter-vases/


I made a tray for our coffee table back at the end of the summer.  I’ve never been totally in love with it.  It just doesn’t look quite right.  Then I saw this great idea on pinterest.  They spray painted bottle caps and then lined the bottom of a wooden tray with them and set the caps in with resin.  Well, we have a ton of bottle caps.  I think I’m going to spray the tray a dark turquoise to start with.  And then I’m going to leave the bottle caps as they are.  I think it’s going to be amazing!  I can’t wait to do it.

So let’s have a real list so I can see what progress I actually make
-Buy pumpkins
-Paint pumpkins
-Finish decorating for fall
-Glitter candle holders and maybe other things that look glitterable
-Make bottle cap tray

I saw this great jewelry holder from Pottery Barn Teen the other day.  It’s like a remake of old lady dishes to create a lamp that has tons of jewelry storage.  I totally ripped off the basic part of the idea and have an ice cream dish holding my earrings right now.  But I think I can totally make one of these with a lamp kit, some washers, and some melamine plates and bowls.  It’s going to happen. And I cannot wait.  I think I can drill through melamine with a regular drill rather than mess with trying to drill through glass (Eek!).  I’m excited about it. Especially since I’ve gone on an earring buying frenzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment