Friday, November 9, 2012

So Sweet

Okay, like I said, cake extravaganza at my house last night.  2 dozen cupcakes and a sheet cake later and we're done.  And without incident even.  I like to think I'm fairly good at cooking, specifically baking and anything sweets related.  But sometimes I get cocky and my project ends up as a total fail.  But, this time everything (as far as I know) turned out well.  You can't really sample a sheet cake but the icing was good.  And the cake looks pretty.

So, today is a picture day.  I didn't take a picture of the pumpkin sheet cake, because well, sheet cakes are kind of boring.  You can imagine it though.  A lovely pumpkin sheet cake with cream cheese frosting.  And I actually did a fairly decent job icing it.  Thanks offset icing spatula.  Totally worth my $3.

The cupcakes though, they were a thing of beauty.  Black Forest filled cupcakes.  With buttercream icing.  When I was individually spooning each part of the cupcake into 24 cupcake papers I wasn't sure it was going to be worth it.  Then I ate one of them.  And it was totally worth it.  So delicious.  And then I iced them with the star tip instead of the regular round tip I usually use.  Why did I not start doing this earlier?  They totally look like they came from a bakery instead of my kitchen.  So, without further ado, say hello to my pretty cupcakes.


Don't those just look delicious?  I was so impressed with myself.  I took way more than just three pictures.  And I made my husband stop watching Burn Notice just to come check out my cupcakes.  

And here's a sneak peak of my sewing project.  Come back Monday for more baby shower details.  It's going to be great.  I may still be suffering from sewing related injuries this morning though.  Two cuts on my thumb, two on my index finger.  And I had to finally get a band aid.  Sigh, someday I'll be better at handling pins without stabbing myself.

While I was sitting in the floor cutting out the pieces of my bunting I realized sitting in the floor cutting was probably not the cleverest idea I ever had.  When I was in 6th grade I sliced my leg open with a pair of sewing scissors at dance camp.  Oops.  From now on I may have to be a grown up and sit at the table to cut.  I'd hate to ruin a perfectly good pair of yoga pants.  Anyway, the bunting I made....
 Adorable, right!  I totally love it and just keep staring at it.  Obviously it's not still hanging from my fireplace because that would be a little weird.  But it's making me think maybe next year I'll do a fall bunting to put up there.  That could be cute.  We'll see.

2 comments: