Thursday, May 16, 2013

Getting Closer

Okay, I think I just needed a name for cleaning my house.  I have tackled three small projects in the past two days.  I am ridiculously proud of myself.  Like I'm dancing.  Ba ha ha.  I'm doing the running man, in case you're curious. 

Yesterday I attempted to tackle the mail situation.  If you remember from before, we had this ridiculous pile of crap.  Paper recycling.  Paper to be shredded.  Random stuff....

Okay, there's nothing on the wall above.  But the pile gives you a good idea of the trouble I was dealing with.  It was bad.  And I had to shut the door if people were coming over.  It was too embarassing.

So a while back I had picked up a couple of picture frames with the intent of making one into a wipe off board and making the other a corkboard.  Well, mission accomplished.  Project Clean in 2013 is working so far.  Memo board and cork board are on the wall.  The mail sorter still needs a little attention.  I'm really striving for the whole zero junk mail thing.  So now that I've emptied the ridiculously full paper recycling can and the shredder I can tackle the box and make some real progress.  Slowly but surely we're getting there.

It obviously looks better than this in real life.  The picture turned out terribly for some reason.  But I'm pretty pleased with what I ended up with after only about five minutes of work.  Tonight it's on to tackling the guest bedroom before my parents come this weekend.  Wish me luck.  Eek! 

No comments:

Post a Comment