Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What We've Been up To

Man, I love three day weekends.  I also love the end of the school year.  I still have two more weeks to work until my summer break but they will be two very productive weeks.  I have something very exciting planned.

But before I get to that.  We had a little mini vacation this weekend.  One of my friends got married on Sunday at a beautiful venue in Southwest Missouri.  I was one of her bridesmaids so it was a super crazy weekend.  We went to the Dixie Stampede in Branson for the rehearsal dinner.  We stayed at the Hilton on Branson Landing and got upgraded to an amazing room because our original room had a leak and wet carpet.  We played glow golf.  And had wine.  A few pictures from the weekend.....
With the beautiful bride
The beautiful bride and me.  And my  husband's finger (???)
Me and my husband.  He was amazing while I was busy off doing bridesmaid duties.  Best hubby ever.



It's not an event without lots of long arm shots.  Check out that bling.  Love it.

But today it's back to the real world.  And that means work.  I'm clearing out my office to paint.  Gotta fix those crazy two tone walls.  Not two tone in an intentional way.  Two tone in a touch ups with the wrong paint color kind of way.  Sigh.  It's going to be gorgeous though.  And I have some fun decorating plans.  I don't know if all the decorating will happen this summer or not until the fall when I come back but I will definitely be back with pictures post painting.  But here's a reminder of what I've been staring at for the past two years.....
If you look at the top of simply and pay special attention, you can see how different the paint colors are.  Also, there's tons of tack holes and scuffs.  Not cute.  And I'm changing up my bulletin boards.  I'm so excited!

What did you guys do over the weekend?  Hope you got some amazing relaxing done.  And maybe a couple projects.  I think we're getting ready to tackle a couple of outside projects at our house in the upcoming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment