Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Oh Craigslist

Our living room TV bit the dust.  We had this great 55" TV I bought second-hand from a former co-worker.  It wasn't like a nice LCD TV or anything fancy, it was an older style that just sat on the floor.  Since that TV died (you can look forward to more on that later this week) we are going to be TV shopping and thus entertainment center shopping soon.

I'm not a huge fan of the traditional entertainment center.  Right now we have open shelves beside our TV that hold the satellite receiver, blu ray player, etc.  I hate it.  It doesn't go with the rest of the living room.  So, I'm fairly sure I don't want a plain old entertainment center thing for our new (not yet purchased) TV.  I love all these dressers turned into entertainment centers.  It's so great to conceal all the electronics and have a place to store DVDs and the like.  Something like these...
Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous, right?!  I hadn't even thought of this.  I could totally do a stencil or some kind of design on the front.  And I love that the inside of the cabinet is painted a contrasting color.  It's amazing.

Simple, but still beautiful.  I love the idea of this too.  

Okay, so I started looking on Craigslist for a bigger dresser like this last night.  Well, apparently the fact that people are getting on the bus with this fabulous trend, everyone who has a crappy ugly dresser is taking the opportunity to charge a ton for something hideous.  I am super cheap, I admit it.  But, most of the dressers I'm finding are not worth the over $100 that's being asked for them.  What a pain!  I'm really disappointed.  I don't want to pay that much for something I'm going to redo anyway.  Not cool.  

I guess the search is going to have to continue.  Or maybe I'm being totally unreasonable thinking $100 is expensive for a used, dated piece of furniture.  Maybe I need to start hitting garage sales, because I feel like if these were at a garage sale they would be like $50 in the morning, and down to like $30 if they hadn't sold by lunch time.  But, I guess the search is good.  I still have to convince my husband that an actual piece of furniture is better than a TV stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment