Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Warm & Cozy

Lately I've been seeing all these tutorials to make envelope pillows.  Well, I tried my hand at it and made Rowdy a new bed.  He could care less about laying on the bed.  All he wants to do is hump it.  Awesome.  So, I thought I'd try a real envelope pillow that would serve it's actual purpose.

I headed to JoAnn's for some cozy fabric.  I ended up with a brown plaid flannel.  It looks exactly like fall.  I bought a yard and a half for two 20" pillows.  I ran a little short, I had to piece together a couple of pieces to do the back of one of the pillows but it's not really noticeable.  This would've been a short, simple project if I was better at using my sewing machine.

I was being totally lazy and just using the thread that was already in my sewing machine.  It was white thread so it didn't really match the brown and cream plaid but I was just going with it.  Well, my bobbin ran out of thread so I had to rethread it and then get everything all set back up.  Let's just say after 45 minutes, quite a bit of colorful language directed toward my sewing machine, and a phone call to my mom, I was ready to start sewing again.  This whole process did mean that now my sewing machine has tan thread in it so at least it matched the pillows a little better.

In the end, it was worth it.  I love how they turned out.  They're so cozy.  Even better, my husband likes them and was so impressed with them.  Success!


No comments:

Post a Comment